3.17.2009

top o' the mornin' to ya

Happy St. Patrick's Day in America!
It was a great one on the flip side.

Yesterday our high priority homework was that everyone needed to wear something green today or else they would get tickled (better than pinched for first graders we decided).

SO cute to see how excited they were today all decked out in green. 
No tickles in 1.2 or 1.3, a few tickles in 1.1.

We ate green cookies (cookie<--a very important word in the English language I told them) 
and talked about Saint Pat.

Did you know
that St. Patrick was born in Wales and kidnapped by Irish raiders?
After a while he escaped and went back home, but eventually he decided to return to Ireland to share the good news.

My friend Kayla taught her students how to say 'top o' the mornin' to ya!' (Irish accent and all), and this afternoon they came into art and greeted me like little Irishfolk. So cute.
At first I had no idea what language they were speaking. 
Since it was after lunch, cutey cute George (see picture), who is one of the coolest kids I know, thought for sure it should be 'top o' the afternoon to ya.'

I'm learning how to say more in Chinese, which is pretty exciting.
I can understand a tiny bit of what people around me are saying now!
This past week I learned how to say 'good morning' (zao shang hao... zao for short). 
I was trying to impress my teacher with my fancy speaking skills and accidentally said 'morning chalk' to him instead. ha.
He laughed at me. 

Hope that your day is grand!

No comments:

Post a Comment