2.06.2009

explosions in the sky

I awoke this morning to the sound of explosives.

7:30 AM, a little early for this girl on a vacation Saturday. :)

Before too long, the whole out-of-doors were filled with an exciting mix of nonstop blasts and fireworks.

Pretty random, but China is awesomely random at times, so I assumed that it was just construction down the way mixed with some neighbors who wanted to add to the festivities with fireworks left over from Chinese New Year.

Around 10:30 it sounded like the world was about to blow into smitherines right outside my window, so I texted my friend to see if she knew what was going on.

Today, it seems, is the day that the fishermen in the village where I live worship their god of the sea.

I take it he has an affinity for very loud pyrotechnics. :)

Makes my heart pause to remember and give thanks to the true One in control of these waters.

He loves this place indeed.

1 comment: